Did you know that pumpkin works like magic on dogs' stomach aches?
So here's a great pumpkin dog biscuit recipe from Simmer till done!
Pumpkin Dog Biscuits
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons dry milk
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 1/2 cups brown rice flour *
1 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In large bowl, whisk together eggs and pumpkin to smooth. Stir in dry milk, sea salt, and dried parsley (if using, optional).
3. Add brown rice flour gradually, combining with spatula or hands to form a stiff, dry dough. Turn out onto lightly floured surface (can use the brown rice flour) and if dough is still rough, briefly knead and press to combine.
4. Roll dough between 1/4 – 1/2″ and use biscuit or other shape cutter to punch shapes, gathering and re-rolling scraps as you go.
5. Place shapes on cookie sheet, no greasing or paper necessary.
6. Bake 20 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and carefully turn biscuits over, then bake additional 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely on rack before feeding to dog.
Please note: If your dog's stomach pain continues, remove all food and contact your vet immediately.