Halloween is just around the corner. It's time to start decorating and stocking up on the treats. But it doesn't mean that your pup can't enjoy the celebrations with you!
Here is a great yummy Halloween treat that your pup will love! (Makes six)
Halloween peanut butter pupcake
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp. of honey
- 2 carrots (peeled and shredded)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. of baking powder
- 4 ounces (113 grams) of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter (not containing Xylitol)
- Halloween decorations
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line a 6-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
2. In a bowl, combine the wheat flour, baking powder, pumpkin puree, honey, carrots and eggs. Stir well to form the batter.
3. Place the batter into the muffin tray. Put into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Test if the cake is done by sticking a skewer into the top of a cake. When the cakes are done, the skewer should come out clean. Let the cakes cool before adding the frosting.
4. In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and peanut butter.
5. Place the frosting on top of the cakes, either using a piping bag or an offset spatula.
6. Decorate with any Halloween decorations you wish to use! (If the decorations are inedible, make sure to take them off before giving the cake to your pup!)
What treats will you be making your pup this Halloween?