It's Christmas time! There's nothing like a DIY to put you in the Christmas spirit. These apple and cinnamon Christmas tree cookies for your pup are perfect for this time of the year.
Apple and cinnamon Christmas tree cookies for your dog
What you will need:
- 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of organic all purpose flour
- 1/2 a cup of oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons of dry milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of dry baking yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of applesauce
- 2 teaspoons of green powdered food colouring
- 7/8 cup of water
- Christmas tree cutters
- Place everything in a mixer and mix together
- When the dough is ready, use a non stick rolling pin and roll the dough to 1/4” thick
- Using a Christmas tree cookie cutter, cut the dough into mini Christmas tree shapes
- Bake at 250 degrees F (121 degrees C) for about an hour and make sure to check the colour so that they don't go too brown
- Turn the oven off and let the Christmas trees dry completely in the oven
Keep them fresh in a cookie jar or tin and let your pups enjoy!
More Christmas treat recipes for your dog
Click here to check out our chicken and apple dog treat recipe!
What Christmas dog treats are you making this year?