Getting ready to spoil your pet rotten on Christmas day? These cake recipes will get your Christmas morning off to a flying start with Felix or Fido! And no need to worry about spoiling them rotten, these recipes are made from adapted ingredients that are good for your pupper or puss's health.
Tuna cakes for dogs
- 1 box of 150g tuna
- 2 eggs
- 1 table spoon colza oil
- 225g flour (wholegrain if possible)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 °
- Mix all the ingredients together. The mixture should form a compact ball that is not too liquid and not too sticky. If it isn't easy to work, add some flour as needed.
- Make little balls of dough and flatten them onto a tray lined with oiled baking paper.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, then turn the cakes over and cook them for another 15 minutes. They should be a golden colour.
- Once cooked and the oven turned off, let them cool down the night through in the open oven. This will make the biscuits even more crunchy.
For the cats, sardine biscuits:
- 200g tinned sardines
- 60ml (1/4 cup) powdered skimmed milk
- 125ml (1/2 cup) wheat germ
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 °C.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Divide into 24 and make little balls out of the mixture.
- Place them on a greased baking tray and flatten them with a fork (the thinner they are, the easier it will be to eat them).
- Bake until golden in the pre-heated oven.
- Let cool until room temperature.
Are you going to test these recipes? Don't hesitate to tell us how they came out!