It shouldn't be complicated to make your home safe for a dog. Here's what you have to be careful about:
- Hiding your coins: Your dog swallowing zinc is a real medical emergency.
- Chocolate - highly toxic for dogs: You should give them Pedigree® snacks instead, which were designed especially for them.
- Toxic houseplants: plants such as dieffenbachia, lilies, philodendron and poinsettia must be out of reach.
- Electrical wiring: If your puppy can bite them, they will. So plug them into the wall or place them in a protective sleeve. Remove electrical outlets when not used.
- CDs & DVDs: A bite can break them into pieces. Your animal would be in mortal danger.
- Bathroom and kitchen closet easy to open: Your dog could reach the cleaning products or pharmaceuticals.
- Hot liquids as water, milk or cooking oil: Your dog must stay out of the kitchen when you're cooking in order to prevent them from making you stumble.
- Toilets: Puppies can jump in it!
- Open doors: You think that they can't reach the balcony or grab the children's toys, but they will as soon as they haves the chance. Automatic closing doors, a barrier for the kids and your alertness will prevent problems.
- Ponds & Pools: If your dog goes in, make sure that they're able to get out. Train your puppy to swim and get out as soon as possible.
- Toxic plants: (see above)
- Garbage cans: Very tempting for a greedy young dog, but potentially fatal.
- The Garage: Clean up every spilled products, put chemical products and paint out of reach and check the cables.
- Open barrier or perforated grid: If your garden isn't fully fenced, don't let your dog outside alone. Make sure to put a collar with your personal contacts written on around their neck, in case they run away (regardless of the tattoo or microchip that are mandatory).
Copyright : Yummypets