Who doesn't like biscuits?! We know your dog will love them, so here's a cheeky recipe for blueberry dog biscuits for you to treat them from time to time.
*These blueberry dog biscuits contain milk, therefore will not be suitable for any dog suffering from an intolerance to lactose.
1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
1⁄2 cup flaxseed (linseed) meal
1 tbsp baking powder
1 cup milk
2/3 cup good quality chicken broth (preferably low-salt and homemade) 1/8 cup water
1 tbsp canola oil
1⁄2 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 175 degrees (celcius)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, flaxseed meal and baking powder
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, chicken broth, water and canola oil
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until combined
- Stir in the blueberries
- Shape your biscuits (about 1-1.5cm thick) for even baking
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden
- Remove the biscuits and let cool completely on a wire rack
Be prepared for endless thank you licks! But remember - they're a treat so space these out over time.
Do you have any good dog treat recipes to share?