Can guinea pigs travel?

Can guinea pigs travel (3 days by car 10 hours driving 10 hours sleeping). If so what tips to make sure they are happy and stress free. If not why?
  • jani B.

Maybe sometimes, I used to travel with my guinea pigs at Turtle Beach Florida in winter to make vacations special.

• Volta T.

So I can surely say that the least stressful travel way for pets is by train. The car is heating too much and you’ve got not much time to stop and check how are they doing. I always put my pets in the carriers and book my tickets online on dbauskunft.com when I’m traveling in Europe. This service helps me see all the options and build my trip plan with the minimum time for transplant, which makes my pets less uncomfortable. Hope it was helpful!

• Volta T.

Hi! I’ve never traveled with a pigs, but I did it a lot with my dog and cat. My work often makes me travel a lot, but I don’t want to leave my pets with strangers, so I have to take them

• Olga B.

Good afternoon, I also don't know for sure if guinea pigs can travel. You can look at this site myguineapigcare.com

• Chewy

Hi Jenna! Unfortunately, I do not know much about traveling with guinea pigs. However, I found these articles that might be useful to you:

theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/travelling-with-guinea-pigs.109071

wikihow.com/Safely-Transport-Your-Guinea-Pigs-in-the-Car

pocketpetcentral.com/travel-with-a-guinea-pig-car-plane-train

I hope it helps! Good luck!

Sign in or sign up to submit an answer.