The main problem with todays cat cages

What is the biggest problem with today’s cat-cage? Is it the space they take up, or that they are difficult to carry? 

• Helen G.

Since my cat is a house cat, we only used the cage if we were going somewhere or going to the vet. Also near my house there are often wild cats that I try to feed every day. Since cold weather is coming soon we decided to install an insulated outdoor cat house right on the property. So they don't get cold. And now we are looking at different variants of such houses to determine the final choice.

• Sisely F.

Hi. I've never had much trouble with modern cat cages. They are very easy to transport, although sometimes they can be difficult to carry due to their large size. But that's the beauty of it. It lies in the possibility of using it as a sleeping place for the cat. I originally did not buy a cat bed. He took to the cat carrier cage on his own when it was open. It ended up saving me some money. What I had no luck with was the Cat Scratching Post. I bought a great scratching post at. However, I am having trouble getting my cat accustomed to using this thing. Luckily, I haven't noticed any scratches on the walls or furniture anywhere. The cat has found another place to scratch. fCat Scratching Post

• Sisely F.

Hi. I've never had much trouble with modern cat cages.

• Sisely F.

I only need a cat cage twice a year when I take my cat to the vet for a checkup. This cage takes up quite a bit of space the rest of the time, which I don't like. They are also overpriced. Not the best fixture.

• Chewy

Personally, I only use cat cages to go to the vet. I don't think it's too much of a problem that they take up space. My cats use it as a little bed to sleep. However, when it comes to carrying them, I do  think that it's quite difficult and uncomfortable. When I am not using cages, I use backpacks that are designed to carry cats. It's much easier to handle.

Sign in or sign up to submit an answer.