Do cats and dogs work independently?

I'm Mac I've only recently joined these forums, and they're fantastic. Please answer my question. I have two Pomeranian puppies at home; they're very friendly and cute, but I'm wondering if I can get a cat because my last son requested a munchkin kitten for his birthday. So I'm wondering if there will be a war at home or if both pets will love each other.

My son has already contacted a munchkin cat breeder and set up an appointment to meet the breed in person. Also, please assist me. Please visit their website and advise me on this one. Myland Cattery is the name of the cattery.

• Lovely P.

It's great to hear that you're enjoying the forums and considering adding a new pet to your household. It's definitely possible for dogs and cats to coexist peacefully, but introducing a new animal into a home with existing pets can be challenging.

Before adding a cat to your household, it's important to consider the temperament of your Pomeranians. If they are already friendly with other animals, then there's a good chance that they will get along with a new cat. However, if they have a history of aggression towards other animals, then introducing a cat may not be the best idea.

When introducing a new pet, it's important to take things slowly and give both pets time to adjust to each other's presence. You can start by keeping the cat in a separate room for a few days and allowing the dogs to sniff around the door. Gradually increase their interactions over time, always supervising them to ensure that they don't get into any fights.

• DJ B.

You can have a cat and dogs. The cats will get use to the dogs but it does take time. The dogs need to be taught how to get along and grow up with them and sometimes they will bond right away. I have four dogs and cats and they all now play with each other. Its just being consistent with both and teaching them how to get and giving them a change to get use to each other 

Sign in or sign up to submit an answer.