Puppy blues, need help with 9 week old Chihuahua

I got my cute little boy on Sunday, he’s 9 weeks now, he is a healthy bouncy little boy, but I’m struggling somewhat! He’s absolutely hyperactive, and needs me 24/7 which I know is normal but I feel that he’s a bit naughtier than your average puppy. He keeps flying off the sofa and bed and I get so worried he’ll hurt himself, he’s so teeny tiny but is uncontrollable. He chews absolutely anything and will eat everything he comes across on the floor, which is usually some random fluff he managed to spot even after I’ve hoovered. He doesn’t stop for 5 minutes for a break unless he’s sleeping. I’ve had puppies before at this age but none of them were this naughty. No matter what I do I can’t stop him chewing, I’ve tried toys and distracting him with them too, I’ve tried treats, literally everything and I’m having the puppy blues. He keeps nipping me when I tell him “no” and keeps trying to rip up the carpets, rug and his toilet mat. One amazing thing about him is that I managed to toilet train him the first day I got him he’s doing so great at that, but I’m finding myself in tears and not sure how I’ll do this for many more weeks to come. When does this phase usually die down? I love him so much but I don’t even have time to pee or eat because he’s unbelievably hyper and can’t be left alone, he will cry and howl if left in a room or a crate or anything. Any help would be so much appreciated. I don’t want to give up on him I just need some help and reassurance more than anything.  Thank you so much in advance.

Sign in or sign up to submit an answer.