Lymphoma Cancer

Hi there,

Any advice on this situation would be greatly appreciated. We don't want to lose our baby! Please help us!

Obviously, this is a very difficult thing for us to do as we see how well she responds to the treatment. She has 10 days of being tired and we have to feed her through syringes or whatever, but as soon as she gets over that period, her breathing is great, she's very happy and active and back to being a normal cat until we go through the chemo again. 

The vets are basically saying they don't want to have to reinsert the tube every 2-3 weeks when she does chemo and has advised that we stop the treatment as a result.

Basically she has a chemo dose every 3 weeks and every single time she has the chemo, within hours, her breathing normalizes and she has absolutely no breathing issues, but as a result, she loses her appetite. We inserted a feeding tube which allowed us to give her recovery food and crushed up pill medication without any issues. Her recovery time from the chemo to being able to eat on her own is around 10 days. As soon as she starts eating on her own, she vomits the tube up and then has a day of being uncomfortable but she normalizes again. 

We're looking for any advice and knowledge with regards to helping our poor baby cat who has lymphoma cancer in her nasal canal. It's a soft tissue cancer and hasn't spread and is isolated only to her one nasal canal. The cancer, when it flares up and she hasn't had chemo for 4 or so weeks, her nasal canal closes and she has difficulty breathing. 

• Williams D.

I don't think reintubation should be done because the cat's health is already too weak. sedecordle wordle

• Chewy

Hi Quinn, I'm so sorry to hear of your situation and what you and your cat are going through. To be honest, this is a very specific medical condition that really is best handled by vet experts. If you're unsure about your current situation, you could always try getting a second opinion from another vet? Maybe a recommended vet a family member or friends take their pet/s to? Someone here might have been through a similar experience and can share their experience, but for reassurance and advice, I would suggest seeking a second opinion. Good luck and we hope your cat makes a full recovery! ☺ 

Sign in or sign up to submit an answer.