Why did my cat attack my face?

I've had my cat for 5 years and never once has he attacked me like he did. He hardly ever even bites me. He's an indoor/outdoor cat but usually stays with me in my bedroom although hes free to roam wherever. Last night he was being weird. He meowed very strongly and I sat down next to him on the floor and asked whats wrong and he meowed the same about 4 more times so I just got up because I was gonna get some food since I didn't know what else to do. As I stood up and went to leave the room, he JUMPED at my face. I almost didn't see him coming. I closed my eyes tightly so he couldn't scratch them but he got my pretty good. I have a black eye and puffy scratches on my eyelid and two deep cuts under my eye and one on my forehead. I was bleeding a lot. My mom thinks its because lately I've been locking him out of my room because he was keeping me up at night and I was over it. He's gotten into the sleeping pattern where he sleeps all day and is up all night but he used to sleep when I sleep. So she thinks he's mad at me and trying to get my attention but I'm scared because I feel afraid of him and he's my little baby and he's spunky but he's sweet, he cuddles constantly and we're basically best friends and I don't know what I'd do if he does it again. It was very heartbreaking.
And after I ran out of the room to the bathroom he came out of my room walking down the hall like normal as if it didn't happen but I didn't go near him I just looked at him and my mom picked him up and put him outside. It was just so violent for such a cuddly sweet kitty.

• Tazza M.

28/06/2015

My cat loves my Mum 100% but in the morning she hides under her bed and waits for my mum to walk out and claws her ankles and bites them. But my cat still loves her

Sign in or sign up to submit an answer.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you consent to the use of cookies to enable functionality included in this website. See more

Ok