Pooping Outside Litter Box

Hello,

A couple of weeks ago, my cat started pooping outside her litter box, which was abnormal for her. She started acting more temperamental and was communicating with me more than usual. I took her to the vet and found out her anal glands were badly inflamed. Other than that, they deemed her healthy and didn’t find anything else wrong with her.  Her glands were popped and after a couple of days, she started pooping in her litter box again. I got another box just to be safe. She was pooping fine in her box for about 4 or 5 days and then all of a sudden the last couple of says has decided to not poop in either box. She will go pee in both. Nothing has changed recently that can be thought of, for her to have any anxiety. She’s been more fiery and playful since her visit with the vet. I know this can be a thing for cats, but I’m sort of at a loss now with everything. If anyone has some pointers or ideas on how to help her start using the box, please reply! 

• kyra S.

Every pet has individual preferences of food and the place where they poop. We recently ordered a litter box at https://topcatbreeds.com/best-self-cleaning-litter-box-for-large-cats/. Our cat has gotten old enough, so we decided to change it. There are three models of self-cleaning litter trays on this site. They have many advantages over regular litter boxes. Try to buy one, maybe that will solve your problem.

• kyra S.

Perhaps the litter box doesn't fit your cat or your cat doesn't like it. Try to buy a new litter box that is larger or change the litter. Our cat used to walk by the litter box until we bought a granular litter.

• vlada M.

I also have a problem with my cat not wanting to poop in the litter box. What to do?

• Jimmie O.

My friend's cat done the same for a couple of months but she had a watery Stoll because of her IBD. 
  • Lamont .

My cat had the same difficulties. He played tormented. I went to the toilet around the house. I tried 2-3 boxes for a cat. But he did not want to. i bought it

topanimalreview.com/articles/best-cat-litter-mats-a-simple-hygienic-solution-for-home.html

and my cat got used to it. already 1 month goes to the toilet on this rug

Sign in or sign up to submit an answer.