How much should you feed a horse a day

• Alex L.

The following situations may result when horses are fed two times per day: When a large amount of concentrate is fed before the roughage component of the diet, the horse may consume the grain readily and then have a reduced appetite for the hay. The horse may “pick” at the hay or waste the hay by mixing it in the bedding.

• Hanna L.

According to the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, a full-grown horse should eat about 12 to 15 pounds ( 5.4 to 6.8 kg) of hay a day. 1 That is 1.5 percent to 3 percent of its body weight if it weighs about 1,000 pounds (450 kg)

• Jimmie O.

Hi there! The horse should be feed two times a day with a high-quality horse feed. The amount depends on the activity of the horse.  Hay is very important to keep good digestion and he can have as much as he pleases.  Make sure he always has water available. This is how I feed my horse...
  • mark G.

Well for horse feeding I had no idea but when I did horse riding I found riding jackets are quite much essential  because of safety.

One important thing to remember when picking a shirt or top for riding is that it covers your arms and also allows for free movement. A regular long sleeved shirt is fine, as is a short sleeved t shirt, providing you are wearing something else on top. Picking a suitable coat or jacket for riding is less straightforward. Theoretically, any coat or jacket that keeps you warm and dry and does not flap about is fine, and lots of riders wear brands and styles of coats that were not designed specifically for riding. However, coats designed specially for riding do have a few advantages. 

• Tazza M.

I wish I knew but maybe you could try searching it up and looking at different websites to see what the best diet is for your horse

Sign in or sign up to submit an answer.