Jack Russell Terrier's Forum
Ask a question

How do I stop my Jack Russel Terrier from jumping up on all of our guests as soon as they enter the house ?

answers
  • Jack-o

06/06/2013

They got excited when a guest comes, the same happend when I enter in the house. To calm down I encourage him to sit and when it happend give him a reward.

• Anna I.

09/06/2013

I know for a fact Jack Russels don't like getting wet. When guests arrive, spray your dog lightly in the faace with clean water preferably from a clean spray can. After doing this once or twice, your dog should know whats coming therefore he won't jump. It helps to discourage him/her from jumping on guests vocally aswell.

• boygeorge

10/06/2013

Also, train him by ignoring him whenever he gets excited. When you or a guest arrive and he started to get excited and trying to jump, turn around and dog give attention until he's calm.

• Mandy P.

22/06/2013

Try putting him in another room when they arrive. Then after a while let him out so your guest can greet him.

• carl M.

02/07/2013

Facts are that some of them love water and that Is not how to tell them not to jump up they have a strike side and you need to pick them up and then pat their heads when u put them down that stops them jumping up as they kno what u are going to do if they keep doing it 

• Nikita F.

01/09/2013

My dog does do the same he's jumping on the sofa
  • Volvo B.

16/11/2013

I bought a book that says if your dog jumps just turn away cross your arms and ignore him
  • YummyOrNot Y.

27/12/2014

Since he's a small breed, try putting your knee up when he jumps. Works for my cavi

Sign in or sign up to submit an answer.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you consent to the use of cookies to enable functionality included in this website. See more

Ok