What toys to choose for a labrador puppy?

My son has wanted a dog for a long time, so we decided to get him a puppy for his birthday. The choice stopped on a Labrador. Experience with dogs I have no experience at all on this I decided to register on the forum that would learn all the necessary information for breeders in an interesting communication. For a puppy we bought everything we needed on the recommendation of the seller. But my son says that his pet is very playful and she needs toys. Advise what is better to buy for a Labrador puppy. My son insists on sports toys. But I want to ask those who know about it and find a compromise. I will be very grateful. 

• Jon11115

That's so exciting that your son finally got his wish for a puppy, especially a Labrador!

They're such friendly and playful companions. It's great that you're seeking advice on what toys would be best for your new furry family member.

Labrador puppies are known for their playful nature and boundless energy, so having toys is a fantastic idea. Sports toys can indeed be a lot of fun for them, as they are active and enjoy games. However, incorporating a variety of toys is a good approach to cater to different aspects of their development and entertainment.

For a Labrador puppy, you might consider a mix of toys that stimulate both their physical and mental abilities. Interactive toys like puzzle feeders or treat-dispensing toys can engage their minds while providing a fun challenge. Chew toys, especially ones designed for teething puppies, are essential for their oral health and to satisfy their natural urge to chew.

In addition, toys like balls, ropes, and tug toys are fantastic for outdoor play and can channel their energy positively. These toys can encourage exercise and bonding time between your son and the puppy.

Ultimately, it's about finding a balance between sports toys and other types of toys that offer mental stimulation and satisfy different needs.

Observing your puppy's preferences can also guide you in choosing the most enjoyable toys for her. Your initiative to seek advice and find a compromise shows how much you care about making the best choices for your son's new furry friend.

• Lavern M.

what toys did you end up buying?

• Lilly W.

Labs love to chew, especially during teething. Opt for durable and safe chew toys like Kong toys or Nylabones. These toys can help soothe their gums and provide a healthy outlet for chewing instincts.

• Robbie B.

Opt for sturdy, chew-resistant toys that cater to a Labrador puppy's strong jaws and natural instinct to chew. Consider interactive toys that stimulate mental engagement, like puzzle feeders, and choose items that are large enough to avoid choking hazards. Soft, plush toys can be enjoyable, but prioritize durability to withstand the puppy's playfulness.

• Calliope C.

I think a collar for a Labrador is most appropriate

• Chewy

Hi! Unfortunately, I do not have advice for what type of toys you should choose for your Labrador puppy. However, I think that as a new puppy owner, this article could be very helpful. This is an article that was posted on Yummypets about the Labrador Retriever: Know your breeds: the Labrador Retriever

Sign in or sign up to submit an answer.