Our dog doesn't like other dog's.

We have had Rosie since she was 9 week's old and at 12 week's my parent's took her to SO many puppy social's. They started her in puppy class at 12 week's old her puppy class had play time she would always stay by my mom's side . Except for maybe twice she played with another puppy that had a calm energy.

Normally she will just ignore other dog's completely but my parent's have a few incident's with her at our dog park where she was aggressive. She has growled at other dog's she's been introduced to that are around her age. Neither of her parent's are aggressive so we aren't sure where this is coming from.

She is a year old now and will be two in March there are literally less than 4 dog's she will interact with. I personally have been trying to convivence my parent's to allow me to bring a second dog into our home and right now the answer is no.

It suck's my sister and i are wanting to pitch in together for a puppy i understand where my parents are coming from. They do not want to risk either of the dog's getting hurt. 

My question is what can be causing this and how can we fix this issue?

• Alex L.

Feelings of rivalry also can bring a dog to seemingly not like others. If you just adopted a couple of rescue dogs and your older resident pooch doesn't seem to appreciate it one bit, it could be because the senior pet feels that is his status in your home is now threatened by the new additions.

Dogs can be territorial and don't always respond well to others coming onto what they believe is their own space. The introduction of new animals in these situations can lead to problems including resource guarding. If your dog is constantly in fear that another dog is about to snatch away his food or toys, he just might growl every time he spots the newbie coming closer. Never allow dogs in these situations to be together unattended. Always be smart, safe and take things slowly.

• Ester V.

I think without taking any risk, you should consult to vet. 

Sign in or sign up to submit an answer.