How can I safely transfer two dogs in my small car?

How can I safely transfer two dogs in my small car? What should I do to ensure that these adult dogs experience as little stress as possible and don't harm themselves on the way?

• Rena T.

I advise you to plan frequent dog-friendly stops along the way, especially if you are staying overnight at a hotel or motel.

• corby V.

I suggest you prepare for a trip with your dogs and buy dog carriers. It's a good idea to put a soft pad or blanket inside the carrier so your pets will be less stressed. If you know your dogs are afraid to ride in the car or don't tolerate trips well, start training them for the move ahead of time. This is an essential step in raising a dog, so you can click to read advice from professionals. Also, check with your vet if dogs can be given herbal-based sedatives to reduce stress on the pets.

• Hanna L.

Probably the easiest way to secure a dog in a car is with a divider between the back seat and the load area of a wagon or SUV. Just load the dog into the back of the car, and it's contained in a safe area, away from the human occupants.

• abbfabb G.

It is not clear, what is the distance of transfer. If its not much far, you can make two rounds for each one. And if its a big distance, go for two veichles rather than one. 

Sign in or sign up to submit an answer.