GO BACK TO MOBILE WEBSITE

Back to forums
Shih Tzu's Forum

How do i get my shih tzu to walk-not run- properly outside with me? She always chokes herself

Hi and i need help with my dogs walking, she always runs ahead of us when we walk and she always chokes herself. How do i prevent rhat from happening?
answers
  • Kiakora

4 years ago

Try using a halti to walk her, she won't be able to run off then, hope that helps :-)

• Caitlin F.

4 years ago

Don't use a Halti like the person above says. Harnesses only encourage pulling by pressing on their chests, which is a normal response. However, if you don't care about your dog running ahead and constantly pulling, go ahead and use a harness. If you want your dog to have manners and walk beside you, take it to classes and learn how to teach it to walk beside you. Once the habit of running ahead starts, it can be very hard to stop.

Try not to use martingale or choker methods, they are severely misunderstood in their use. While both are wonderful to use, when used properly, they can be really hard on little dogs. Damaging the Trachea. Instead, try using a head harness. It is wonderful for pulling dogs and distracting dogs that bark, or just go silly, when they see other dogs or people.

Again though. Knowing the proper training method is very important. These are all wonderful tools. However, only when used properly!

• Paul B.

4 years ago

I agree with what Caitlin says in her reply..

• Shirley B.

4 years ago

I love this training method I bought it and used it with Squishy and now am going to use it with Sofi.  They catch on really fast you can watch the infomercial http://www.dogfather.tv/

• Ella W.

2 years ago

Lol I have a shih poo
  • Ella W.

2 years ago

Poodle and shih tzu mix
  • Sarah T.

3 months ago

The Shih Tzu can want extra love & care than other breeds if the hair is kept at show length; they will want on a daily basis combing to keep away from tangles. I know because I provide Dissertation Help & researching is my job.

• alex A.

2 months ago

The added benefit of tying the belt to your waistline, is that you can begin to train the heel immediately. It will teach your dog to see what he is doing, just by what he is following https://www.clickessay.com/ around. You probably step on your feet a couple of times, but he will learn quickly to get out of the way. Make sure the dog moves out of your way, and not the other way around! Walk around the house as usual puppy attached to his hip. Do homework, cook, clean, read etc. This has the added bonus that the dog will always be with you and can not get into any mischief.

• Vicente H.

2 months ago

welcome to the world of ache. that sucks like hell but you purchased not preference but to go. might help if you had a wheelchair but to all of sudden have to learn how to work one to get wherein you need to head of the dissertation writers UK would be annoying. i'd pull up cellphone numbers and make contact with your instructors and inform them you are in a whole lot of pain and might be past due to class.

• alice B.

2 months ago

Dry sustenance is in reality better for your puppy's teeth. As they bite the kibble they are disposing of a portion of the plaque .  Buy Assignment . When searching for a sustenance you need to avoid by-items, ground yellow corn, and any simulated flavors or hues

Sign in or sign up to submit my answer.