Deviated fang due to dog attack.

Hello guys good day!

Today I am reaching you for some help, it turns out that yesterday I was walking with my dog, (I had him on a leash and with a muzzle) unfortunately I did not manage to notice two stray dogs that attacked us when we crossed our path, and thank God It wasn't serious, but then I realized what had happened to my dog (see photos), we don't know if it was due to the clash of the jaws, some bite, or if perhaps in his attempt to defend himself he made himself this damage with the muzzle, as you can see the fang was deviated, I already took it to the vet and he told me that for now we have to see how it evolves with the analgesics since the fang has not completely detached (he has given us five days to see the evolution). However, I want to know if you, in your experience, know if this will look normal again? How long can it take? Or will it remain like this forever with that ball in the snout? Is there anything I can do other than give him pain relievers and antibiotics?

I know it may sound vain, but for me he is the most beautiful thing I have in my life and it has hurt me a lot to see his face like this, if there is something I can do to make him look like he is and not lose his fang, I will do everything necessary.

[img]live.staticflickr.com/65535/52576167568_dc40a92dfa_b.jpg[/img]

This is how his snout has turned out, as you can see, it looks like a ball:

[img]live.staticflickr.com/65535/52576073325_6b977eb9c3_b.jpg[/img]

The affected fang:

[img]live.staticflickr.com/65535/52575163437_b926a9abd3_b.jpg[/img]

Compared to the healthy one.

[img]live.staticflickr.com/65535/52575619751_9ca6dc4975_b.jpg[/img]

I just want him to have his beautiful face and healthy teeth like before.

[img]live.staticflickr.com/65535/52575902349_129364e253_b.jpg[/img]

Thank you for your answers and sorry for my bad English.

• Ana W.

I am sorry to hear about what happened to your dog. The images you've provided show that your dog has suffered some sort of trauma to his upper jaw, and it is likely that the affected fang has been deviated or displaced as a result of the injury. It is difficult to say for sure without a full examination and x-rays by a veterinarian, but it is possible that the injury was caused by the clash of jaws with the other dogs, or by your dog's attempt to defend himself with the muzzle.

It is important that your dog receives follow-up care from a veterinarian to monitor the healing process. The vet has given you 5 days for the analgesics to take effect and see the evolution. It's important to follow the instructions of the vet and give the medications as prescribed.

The injury may take several weeks to heal, and in some cases, the affected tooth may need to be extracted. In some cases, the deviated tooth may eventually be pushed back into place with proper care. However, if the tooth is significantly damaged, it may not be able to be saved. In some cases, it can take several months for the swelling to go down and for the final appearance of the snout to be fully determined.

It's also important to provide your dog with a soft diet during this time and to avoid activities that could cause further trauma to the affected area.

It's important to keep in mind that the most important thing is your dog's health, and that the aesthetics of the snout are secondary. Your dog will still be the same loving companion to you, and you can give him all the love and care he needs to recover.

Sign in or sign up to submit an answer.