How do I get my gecko to trust me

• Ana W.

Thanks for the advice! 

• Michael S.

1. Geckos have been known to live in some pretty extreme environments. They’ve been spotted in deserts, jungles, caves, and even under water! But what about those who live in houses? Do they ever go outside? Well, yes, they do. And if you want them to trust you, then you need to make sure that they feel safe. Here are some tips to help you get your gecko to trust you.

2. First off, you need to make sure you don't leave any food out. If you do, then they might think that you're trying to trick them into eating something dangerous. You should also keep your home clean. Make sure that everything is kept tidy and that there's no mess anywhere. Also, make sure that you don't let them out of their cage unless you know where they'll be going.

3. Finally, you need to make yourself seem trustworthy. Don't talk down to them or act mean towards them. Instead, try to be nice and friendly. Be patient and kind and show them that you care.

• YummyOrNot Y.

Approach it slowly??
  • Ella W.

I think that if your just nice to it in general it will like you
  • terawolf

Thank you for the advice, I will try it
  • Jason@talkingtoanimals.co.uk

Patience is probably the best way. Move slowly, talk quietly and try and project a sense of peace around it.

Sign in or sign up to submit an answer.