Bombay's Forum Back to forum
Ask a question

When is a good time to transition cats from kitten food to grown-up nourishment?

Cat food is specially formulated for cats to achieve proper growth and development, and as such, is higher in calories than adult cat foods. Little cats should be fed kitten foods until they reach about 85% of their adult size, which typically occurs around 10-11 months of age. Any time a diet change is made, it should be done so gradually to minimize the risk of developing an upset stomach with vomiting and/or diarrhea. Transition the kitten food and adult food by mixing the foods together over 5-6 days, beginning with 70% old food and 30% new food for a day or two, then 50% old food and 50% new food, and then 25% old food with 75% new food.

answers
  • Eliot M.

25/02/2019

In our family it has happend spontaneously! the kittens had access to the  grown-up nourishment of the cat

• Sarah E.

28/02/2019

I like more ordinary cat food. I can cook her a piece of fish. I bought her a fillet when my cat was small. After 4 months, began to give fish. Dry food harms cats. And just do better to read more catspro.com/scottish-straight.html there about the Scottish jerks. Many useful articles. But I understand you, these are still cats and they demand care from u

Sign in or sign up to submit an answer.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you consent to the use of cookies to enable functionality included in this website. See more

Ok