GO BACK TO MOBILE WEBSITE

Back to forums
European Shorthair's Forum

Are eggs good for cats?

Hi, I´m new. My cat is weired. She likes raw eggs more than actual cat food. Whenever I drop an egg in the kitchen, it falls on the ground, breaks, my cat comes and starts eating it. I let her, but I was wondering if it´s good for her... Any advice?
answers
  • Lara L.

8 months ago

Hi, I have the same phenomenon - my cats love raw eggs as well. I think raw eggs are good for their fur, but overeating isn't good. Normally my cats get a raw egg every now and then mixed with their other food and they absolutely love it. ☺
  • Emily M.

7 months ago

Yeah, it is good for the cat but doesn't give him extensive eggs otherwise it will be unhealthy for her.
  • Emily M.

7 months ago

Well, everyone knows that excessive eat of one thing is not good for health but if you gave your cat, the egg's to eat then it is not a problem although it is healthy for them but over the limit will disturb their health.
  • Sonia C.

4 months ago

HI Didn't know that eggs were good for cats. My sister gives her cat scramble eggs and she eats it. 
  • Rebecca C.

11 days ago

Overconsumption of avidin could cause biotin deficiency. Cooking denatures the avidin. Therefore, it is recommended that cats consume only cooked eggs. But let's be honest and realistic: A cat would have to eat a LOT of raw egg, probably over a period of months or years, for such a deficiency to develop.So better if your cat loves to eat egg give her cooked egg.

Sign in or sign up to submit my answer.