Moving with my cassie

Hi

My cassie is 2 years old. I can't believe that I didn't find this forum sooner. Anyway I believe this is the right time as I'm in crisis and I hope you guys can help me. My husband has been relocated to the US from Canada. I don't know how I'm going to manage everything with 2 kids and a dog. I have contacted a long distance moving company in Canada to help us. They assured to take care of everything. but I want to make this is easier for cassie as well.

I have heard that dogs may go through some behavioural changes when they move to another place. How can we handle all these things? Please share some tips. 
  • Adams N.

Oh and just to make sure you know where they're going or what route they're going to take how about installing a gps dog tracker on your cassie?
  • George M.

I'm always traveling with my Odi, and we don't have any problems with behavior 
  • Jordan S.

I think it just takes time to adapt to the new environment. It will be curious and explore new stuff by running around. But I think it would be totally fine with your new home!
  • Stephanie W.

Hi! When I moved across town to a different house, I took my dogs with me. They are the exploring type so they were fine with the new area. I find that having the same or similar furniture will help them get more comfortable. As for the actual moving part, I would recommend taking your dog with you as you move instead of transporting them through the moving company. This will avoid any unnecessary anxiety attacks

Sign in or sign up to submit an answer.